Today we walked down to Panmure Yacht Club to see across the river towards Pakuranga. Back in the 1800's, there was a man called Hemi Pepene who had the first ferry service across the Tamaki River. Then they built a bridge to help carry people and animals across the river. It was a swing bridge and they had to pay a toll to cross it.
This is the wharf people use nowadays in Panmure.
Next we walked to where Mokoia Pa used to be. On the way, we could see a huge concrete block on the Pakuranga side of the river. This is where the second bridge was built. It was demolished in the 1950's.