Today we added onto our inquiry learning from yesterday (about leisure and entertainment in the 20th century) and we went further into history.
Miss Ashley gave us heaps of non-fiction (real) books that we had to read to find out information about different ancient civilisations, and then write any facts we found on the right piece of paper.
Here is what we came up with.
Next, we got to choose which of the civilisations we wanted to learn more about. Miss Ashley gave us a list of questions, and we allocated them to different group members and started researching.
- Who were the people who lived at this time?
- What time did they live in?
- Where did they live?
- What made their place different, unique or special?
- What belief system did these people have and how did they worship?
- Who were the important people at the time, and what made them important?
- What was the working industry like? (What kinds of jobs did people have, did they have holidays, who worked, how much were they paid?)
- What did these people do for leisure and entertainment?
- Describe how they...
- got their food
- Kept safe from other nations
- Made their houses (what did they look like, what were they made of etc)
- Travelled (if applicable)
- Conquered other nations (if applicable)
- What event/action are these people most famous for?
We will keep you updated as to where we go with our research.
Share with us below what you have learnt about any of the civilisations!