Facts about space
- Where there 8 are planets that orbit the sun.
- Their are also 5 dwarf planets in the solar system called Pluto, Ceres, Eris, Makemake and Haumea.
- The planets move in different directions and it take them long days to spin around the sun .
- There are gas giants and rocky planets.
- The rocky planets are mercury ,venus, mars and earth
- The gas giants are jupiter, saturn, neptune and uranus.
- There is an asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter. It is made of rocks
- The sun is a star and it made out of solar energy from Hydrogen gas.
- The sun is the biggest thing in our solar system so it has the biggest gravitational force.
- The sun’s gravity keeps the planets orbiting at a particular distance away. The orbit pattern is almost circle. like an egg shape.
- The sun gives off solar energy and gives us light and heat.
- The outside of the sun is not the hottest part but the core.
- The sun is a ball of gas.
- The sun give light and heat for earth to grow food and keep warm
- Mercury is the closest to the sun and takes 8
- 88 days to go around the sun.0
- Mercury is one of the rocky planet and it is the closest planet to the sun.
- No moon.
- Venus looks brighter than any star in the night sky.
- It is 108 million km away from the sun.
- Because venus is close to the it orbits faster.
- Venus has no moons.
- One day on venus is 5,832 earth hours.
- Venus is the hottest planet in the solar system because it does not calm down at night even though mercury is closer it calms down
- at night
- is more than 4 billion years old. The first living thing were tiny simple creatures called bacteria. Over billions of years they changed into bigger more complex creatures such as jellyfish. Earth has 1 moon
- Earth is the only planet with living life.
- Earth has only 1 moon.
- Earth has a lot of gravity because it has living life
- One day on earth is 24 hours
- Earth is 4.543 billion years old this year
- Mars is red because it’s the most dusty/rusty planet.
- Mars has only 2 moons that orbit mars.
- The atmosphere on mars is too thin to breathe, and violent dust storms sometimes howl across its surface.
- People have built homes all over the earth. More than half the word deserts.
- Jupiter is the biggest planet there is in the solar system .
- Jupiter is the fifth planet from the Sun and the largest in the Solar System. It is a giant planet with a mass one-thousandth that of the Sun, but Enjoy amazing trivia and have fun learning about the planets found in our Solar System. Interesting , two-and-a-half times that of all the other planets in the Solar System combined.
- Saturn is the sixth planet from the sun.
- ( Distance from the sun ) 886 million miles
- From the sun. ( 1.4 billion km )\
- The size of saturn saturn is about 235,300 miles
- ( 378,700 ) around its middle. That's more than nine
- Times bigger than Earth middle.
- Saturn ring is made out of dust and rocks
- Saturn has 62 confirmed moons.
- Uranus is the seventh planet from the Sun. While being visible to the naked eye, it was not recognised as a planet due to its dimness and slow orbit.
- Uranus became the first planet discovered with the use of a telescope. Uranus is tipped over on its side with an axial tilt of 98 degrees.
- Uranus has 27 moons orbiting uranus.
- This the last planet it is one of the biggest planet it is so far from the sun so it is so cold like ice block.
- Neptune is the farest planet from the sun and it is also a gas giant planet
- Neptune is the eighth planet from the sun. bright-blue neptune cold. It is windy and icy there.
The solar system
How does the solar system work?
Our solar system is made of one sun and 8 planets. The planets move in different directions and it take them long days to spin around the sun.
The sun is a star which is a big ball of Hydrogen gas. The sun is the biggest thing in our solar system so it has the biggest gravitational force. The sun’s gravity keeps the planets orbiting at a particular distance away. The orbit pattern is almost circle, like an egg shape.
The sun gives off solar energy and gives us light and heat. The surface of the sun is 5,778 k And the core of the sun is 27 million degrees f* and 15 million degrees c*. The sun is one of more than 100 billion stars in the Milky Way. The sun lies at the heart of the solar system, where it is by far the largest object. It holds 99.8 percent of the solar system's mass and is roughly 109 times the diameter of the Earth — about one million Earths could fit inside the sun. The of the sun. It is 4.6 Billion Years old.The smallest stars around are the tiny red dwarfs.
There are 8 planets and 5 dwarf planets in our solar system. They planets can be sorted into two categories - rocky planets and gas giants. There is an asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter. It is made of rocks.
The rocky planets are Mercury ,Venus, Mars and Earth. They are closest to the sun. They are small because they are close to the sun and do not grow bigger like the gas giant planets..
The gas giants are Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune and Uranus. They are called gas giants because they are made of gas and their gigantic.
The Gas Giant are also made of some rocky material.
Their are also 5 dwarf planets in the solar system called Pluto, Ceres, Eris, Makemake and Haumea. They are not planets anymore because they are too small for a moon to orbit. They are still part of our solar system.